Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Coupon Success

I recently was told that I need to update my blog, so I am going to take a minute and brag on my awesomeness...I can do that-it's my blog after all.

This is the story of how I made money going to Walgreen's today.

I got a tip this morning on a sweet toothbrush deal at Walgreens. We always seem to need toothbrushes in our house because someone (ahem...Kody!) finds them tasty and swipes them off the counter. So, I visited 3 Walgreens on my way homeward and had no luck. The toothbrushes were all sold out. But then, I went back out to my Walgreens when I got home, because, of course I left the Redbox movie sitting on the table this morning. Finally I found what I had been looking for!! They had 4 of these toothbrushes, originally $1.79, on sale for $0.99. Then, I had 2 coupons each for $2 off when you buy 2 of the toothbrushes. So, at that point, I had made $0.04 on the deal, but it doesn't end there. Colgate is doing a wonderful deal right now where the Catalina machine at the register prints out Register Rewards for your next trip to Walgreens. It prints out $4 for buying 4 toothbrushes. So...I technically made $4.04 on the deal and I am rather proud of myself.

Happy couponing!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! Which toothbrushes are on sale? It's truck day at our Walgreen's and I need to go back for some of the Five for $5 anyway.

    ReplyDelete